Dry Creek Elementary School

School Registration

Enrollment packets for new students can be picked up during the school office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

If you have any questions, please call the school office, at 566-1820.



In order to register, all students will need the following items:

  • Child's birth certificate
  • Child's immunization record
  • Proof of residency (ex: copy of utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage, etc.)

Incoming Kindergarten students will need all of the above, plus a physical before they begin kindergarten.

Kindergarten Registration

We are currently accepting all kindergarten registration for the 2016-2017 school year!

In order to register, all kindergarten students will need:

  • Child's birth certificate
  • Child's immunization record
  • A physical
  • Proof of residency (ex: copy of utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage, etc.)

**All incoming kindergarteners MUST turn 5 years of age ON or BEFORE September 1, 2016.

**For 2016-2017 only children who are turning 5 years old by September 1, 2016 will be eligible for kindergarten. 

**Children who are turning 5 years old between September 2, 2016 and December 2, 2016 will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.

You can find more information out about Transitional Kindergarten on the district webpage. Or you can read more about regular kindergarten registration here.

Dry Creek will have a Transitional Kindergarten classroom for the 2016-2017 school year!

Kindergarten Registration from TRUSD Page

Kindergarten Registration for 2016-2017 (click to go to the TRUSD Page)


Beginning Monday, January 4, 2016, schools in the Twin Rivers Unified School District (TRUSD) will be accepting kindergarten registration for the 2016-2017 school year.


To enter kindergarten, a child must meet the following requirements for admission as established by the Education Code of the State of California, the State Board of Education and the administrative regulations of TRUSD. The requirements for enrollment are as follows:

  • PROOF OF RESIDENCY. Acceptable documents are utility bills or payment receipts; rental or lease agreements; property tax receipts; pay stubs; voter registration; correspondence from a government agency; or declaration of residency executed by the parent/guardian.
  • PROOF OF AGE.[1]  Acceptable documents are a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, immigration certificate, Bible record, or when none of these documents are available, an affidavit from the parent/guardian. In order to enter kindergarten, your child must turn five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2016. Children turning five (5) years of age September 2 through December 2, 2016 will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten. 
  • PROOF OF REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS[1], HEALTH EXAM & DENTAL CHECKUP. Children must have a physical exam and dental checkup their first year of school (forms are included in the registration packet). At the time of your child's health exam, please review the immunization record with your physician to ensure that all required vaccinations listed below have been administered.          


Required Immunizations

Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (DTaP)

Five (5) doses at any age, but four (4) doses if the last dose was after fourth birthday


Four (4) doses at any age, but three (3) doses if the last dose was after fourth birthday

Hepatitis B

Three (3) doses. Children who have received at least one dose of Hepatitis B vaccine may enter kindergarten on the condition that they receive the remaining required doses as follows:

  • 2nd dose - One to two months after 1st dose
  • 3rd dose - Children under age 18 months to 6 years (two to six months after 2nd dose)


Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)

Two (2) doses required, both after the age of one (1). Children 41/2 - 5 years old who have just received their first dose of MMR may enter  kindergarten on the condition that they receive a second dose 1-3 months later.


One (1) dose (2 doses recommended between 4-6 years of age) or documentation of disease

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in obtaining the required documents. We look forward to working with your family to ensure a successful school year for your child.

If you have questions, please call your local school office. 

[1] Families who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence may contact our Student Services Department at (916) 566-1615 for help in locating an immunization record and birth certificate for their child, per the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001.